What is video redaction?
Video redaction is the process of blurring out faces license plates, house numbers, and personally identifiable markings, such as body tattoos, or scars using a combination of automatic and manual video redaction software.
Why might I need redaction?
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a law that gives individuals the right to access information from the federal government. It is often described as the law that keeps citizens in the know about their government.
FOIA raises issues not present in private sharing. Blurring faces and identifying information is necessary when releasing information to the public. Effective redaction is time consuming and labor intensive.
Focal Forensics’ video redaction services eliminate the quandary of implementing multiple tools and hiring seasoned professionals to use them. Such tools also come with monthly subscription fees that increase the cost burden to the department. As opposed to this, Focal Forensics’ clients enjoy cost-efficiency owing to its pay-per-request model.
Why consider redaction as a service?
- Reduce the time commitment to redact video and audio
- Eliminate support staff requirements often difficult to manage
- Remove all associated costs with expensive software
- We support and work with records to comply with all laws
- Greater flexibility with Pay-Per-Request options and savings
- Work with digital experts who understand video evidence
Move the slider below to see redaction in action.
As someone who works for a large bureaucratic municipality, it was a pleasure having Focal Forensics handle our video redactions. They were responsive every step of the way and the work was done in a very timely manner.
-Chris Manser City of Chicago
Some of our clients include
Image redaction services include
- The faces or any physical attributes (e.g. scars, tattoos, personalized clothing, of suspects, witnesses, undercover officers, confidential sources, ect.
- Driver’s license or other ID cards
- Addresses, house numbers, building names
- Vehicle license plates.
Audio redaction services include
- The voices, names, social security numbers, date of birth, home addresses, and other identifying information of confidential sources.
Names and other identifying information of federal law enforcement officers.
- We offer different types of audio redaction and can completely remove the unwanted content leaving a brief movement of silence or implement a specific beep desired.